Friday, August 29
Our last full trading day is Saturday 30th August 11-5pm
But don't worry, just like Dr Who, we will be re-incarnated in a different body (or retail space if you must) soon as Montage 10! In the mean time there are many exciting markets fairs and festivals that many of the Montage makers and guest artists are involved in so keep an eye on our face book page, social media, blog posts and watch this space :-)
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your most excellent patronage. Thank you to our families for helping us organise and pull off another pop up shop, the wonderful guest artists and everyone who has applied to be part of our collective. Thanks for following us along on this journey and we hope to bring more hand crafted artisan goodness to you soon.
xxx the Montage team
Thursday, August 21
Our wonderful guest artist Ali J, takes part in the annual "Windows Of The City" an event run by The City of Perth and the Telstra Perth Fashion Festival.
This year the theme was to partner art and fashion together. Moi Moi is a jewellery store in the Carillion arcade. In Cantonese it means little sister, which is a perfect pairing for the modern illustrator Ali J whose illustrations often undercarry the theme of sisters or best friends.
Taking inspiration from many elements, Ali J wanted to create two high fashion figures adorned in jewellery. The two figures in clothes inspired by her favourite couture designer Ulyana Sergeenko from Moscow. Both girls have long flowing hair, impeccable choice in jewels, and eyes in hues of blue and green. The figures are quiet but contemplative and their beauty resonating from within. The eyes reflecting the strength to their character.
The journey of creating the window was one of laughter, long nights and sawdust. Each block of wood was bevelled by hand. Each strand of hair was individually drawn. Every item of jewellery in the window was carefully selected for its colour and sparkle.
City of Perth retailers and WA artists combine forces to bring Perth City to life with inspiring and imaginative window displays. Head into the city and vote for your favourite window for your chance to win one of four $5,000 City of Perth shopping sprees. Visit perthnow.com.au and vote from August 22.
This stunning window collaboration will be in store until September 18th.
Friday, August 1
Super excited to announce that we have 9 talented guest artists joining us for the remainder of our time in our current location (Until the end of August)
Koi Girl is a collection of exclusive one of a kind handbags and accessories using vintage textiles from the Japanese Kimono and Obi.
Words and pictures...
Stirred Gourmet chocolate spoons
Stirred - the home of the most delicious & amazing, luxury hot chocolate . . . on a spoon!
Creative illustrations and hand painted dolls
Modern art and illustrations of characters with rosy red cheeks
Jason Art and Design
wonderful modern art and design installations
Beautiful hand crafted children's clothing
Joins us for a second month with her amazing colourful canvasses.
Special congratulations to our Propel Free Space contributor Sad Jane!
In other news...
- In aid of our hat and scarf collection for the Salvation Army, we are holding a free Sunday Yarn session THIS Sunday 3rd August. We'll be there to help any beginners or just come along for a 'yarn' while you knit or crochet something for the Salvos. We have some yarn to use but new donations are welcome. You'll need to bring needles or hooks. Space is tight, but if it's nice we can take chairs outside. Stay as long as you like!
Join the event HERE or just pop along at your leisure.
- Salvation Army winter appeal - We are collecting and making beanies and scarves to give to our neighbours at the the Salvation Army Northbridge to distribute to the needy. More info can be found HERE
- We are collecting ANYTHING CAT for the Cat Haven. For more info head HERE
- Have you entered our INSTAGRAM COMP yet? Entries close on Sunday the 17th of August. Head HERE for details
- Made on the left Markets Raffle. Purchase a raffle ticket in store to win a marvellous hamper full of Montage goodies. Proceeds go to our friends at Made on the Left - a not for profit organisation.